Thursday 30 April 2009

MY NEW OBSESSION - TILT SHIFT

Ok, I've found this FlickR photostream where this guy has made his own camera... Now, not just any camera, a Tilt-Shift camera even! Tilt shifting is used to correct lens distortion, but when used in situations without distortion, you get amazing effects, limited focus range & extreme depth of field. I have recently been trying to re-create this within Photoshop myself, I've had some great results, but I've learned that it is as much to do with photo selection as technical skill. Have a look at some fantastic Tilt-Shift examples here. As you will see, Tilt-Shifting has the ability to make the subject matter look as if it in within a miniature environment. The Saturation is bumped up to an extreme, giving an amazing result. Almost surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment